Let’s take a quick look at what happened in AWS-land last week:
New & Notable Open Source
- Squiss is a high-volume Amazon SQS poller for Node.js.
- Blocker is a simple AWS EBS volume plugin for Docker.
- Lambda-test is a generic repository for testing GitHub webhooks with AWS Lambda.
- Awful is a Ruby gem that provides simple AWS command line tasks and YAML persistence.
- Splunk-sqs is an SQS collector for Splunk.
- Lambda-deploy is a proof of concept for deploying Lambda with CloudFormation + Grunt + AWS + Lambda.
- Amazonica is a comprehensive Clojure client for the entire AWS API.
- Lambda6 is a simple and opinionated handler architecture for AWS Lambda using ES6.
- Go-lambda allows you to call Go GRPC services from AWS Lambda functions.
- Thingpin is a Raspberry Pi AWS IoT publisher for IoT enabled sensors.
New Customer Success Stories
- Fin Design + Effect – Visual effects and design.
- Healthdirect Australia – Deliver services across the entire country while controlling costs.
- Hiree – Expediting the hiring process and helping job-seekers to get offers.
- SEAOIL – Move Oracle E-Business Suite enterprise resource planning system into AWS.
- Syntel – Reduce provisioning time for hardware and increase scalability.
- THRON – Platform to simplify digital content management and distribution.
New YouTube Videos
- Introduction to Amazon Route 53.
- Introduction to Amazon Kinesis Firehose.
- Introduction to Amazon DynamoDB.
- January 13th – Live Event (San Francisco) – AWS Big Data Meetup.
Upcoming Events at the AWS Lofts